Founder and content writer for Gamersaur.
Glorious victory of Sky Garden: Farm in Paradise at the 13th IMGA Global
Held on the 28th February 2017, the International Mobile Gaming Awards was held at Minna Gallery, San Francisco and presented by Australian host, Maude Garrett. Once again, Sky Garden: Farm in Paradise wins the “People’s Choice Award” after received another (back in 2016), at IMGA SEA and nominated “Best Social Game” at Game Connection America 2017.
Nearly 3,000 submissions had joined the 13th IMGA Global, only 159 nominees were hand-picked and the jury selected 16 winners for 16 categories. As usual, many big game titles participated: Pokémon GO, Super Mario Run, Star Wars: Force Arena, Fifa Mobile Football, Clash Royale, Dawn of Titans, Invisible Inc., Batman The Telltale Series, Deus Ex Go: Rome: Total War, etc.. Bypassing many giants, Sky Garden: Farm in Paradise has reached the final stage and won the “People’s Choice Award” with a record of 7000 votes from all over the world.
“Since winning People’s Choice Award at the 1st IMGA SEA, we are very confident to pursue the goal and make one more remarkable record for our winning at the 13th IMGA Global. This achievement reflects our belief in VNG Game Studios’ product quality and philosophy “By gamers, For gamers” truly. Thank you very much to all Sky Garden: Farm in Paradise fans who shared your votes and love to us”, shared by Mr. Nguyen Nhat Tuyen, VNG Game Studios Director.“Our 16 winners helped to make this a top year in terms of technology, substance, art and exploration in mobile games.” says Maarten Noyons founder of the IMGA. “I want to thank all our sponsors: KING, Rovio, Supercell, Youzu, TDS, Samsung and Euroméditerranée and everyone who voted online for choosing the People’s Choice Award’s winner.”
The Grand Prix prize of this year goes to Pokémon GO and Jury’s Honorable Mention for Mekorama, the rest of the list is here:
- Grand Prix: Pokémon GO, Niantic, US
- People’s Choice Award: Sky Garden: Farm in Paradise, VNG Game Studios, Vietnam
- Jury’s Honorable Mention: Mekorama, Martin Magni, Sweden
- Game Artist of 2016: Ben Brudenell, Art Director at Natural Motion
- Excellence in Innovation: Human Resource Machine, Tomorrow Corporation, USA
- Best Multiplayer Game: Clash Royale, Supercell, Finland
- Best Quickplay Game: Conduct THIS!, Northplay, Denmark
- Excellence in Gameplay: Battle of Polytopia, Midjiwan AB, Sweden
- Best Meaningful Play: 1979 Revolution: A Cinematic Adventure Game, iNK Stories, USA
- Excellence in Storytelling: Reigns, Devolver Digital, UK
- Best Technical Achievement: Dawn of Titans, Natural Motion Games Ltd., UK
- Excellence in Visual Art: Invisible Inc., Klei Entertainment, Canada
- Excellence in Audio: Crypt of the NecroDancer, Brace Yourself Games, Canada
- Guilty Pleasure: Steppy Pants, Super Entertainment, Australia
- Best VR Game: Wands, Multivrses AB, Sweden
- Best Upcoming Game: Steamburg, Mariusz Szypura, Poland
About Sky Garden: Farm in Paradise
Join the world of fairy tales of Jack and the beanstalk where you become a fantasy gardener on the cloud.
Raise a garden of flowers on the cloud! Harvest seeds of plants, grow them in unique pots. Upgrade your hundred of unique pots and trade with friends. Explore the world on paradise, run your own garden with other online players around the world.
Are you ready for the new adventure? Let’s get started!
- PLANT variety of seed like rose, lavender, apple, watermelon…
- HARVEST garden fresh seeds of your favorite flowers and vegetables.
- COLLECT a collection of hundred unique pots.
- DECORATE your garden with hundred of variety decorations.
- CUSTOMIZE your own clouds for a wonderful garden on sky.
- TRADE, visit friends and help other gardeners around you.
- EARN daily rewards with many fairy story characters and take a spin at the Wheel of Fortune.
- ONLINE and meet million people from all over the world.
- PLAY with your Facebook and Twitter friends or make new in-game friends.”
“Sky Garden: Farm in Paradise is free to play, though some in-game items can also be purchased.
*A network connection is required to play*”
About VNG Game Studios
VNG Game Studios, a subsidiary of VNG Corp., the leading internet company and famous game publisher/developer in Vietnam, was founded in April 2007 with more than 250 employees which contained best Vietnamese game artists and programmers and were divided into many studios with different roles. VNG Game Studios has developed and published more than 30 game products which diversify in genres and platforms (from client, web-browser on PC to mobile). VNG Game Studios’ main target is to bring quality products with excellent services to satisfy their users, not only domestic but also abroad.
Since 2013, VNG Game Studios has focused all of its power & resources for developing and operating their mobile games. Currently, VNG Game Studios has more than 70 million of installs on mobile, including 45 million of installs from domestic users and 25 million of installs from global users. Also, VNG Game Studios was proudly received the title “Top Developer” & “Editor’s Choice” from Google Play for their first-person shooter mobile game: Dead Target: Zombie™
Well-known products from VNG Game Studios: Dead Target: Zombie, Sky Garden: Farm in Paradise, Dead Target: Zombie 2, Cube Skyland, iCa, Tini Farm and Zombie Shootdown.
Google Play Store